Monday, November 14, 2011

A Day in the Life--Gratitude in the little things

So I thought that I should start this blog to keep track of all the things I am grateful for.  It's one way to make sure that I still thank God for all the blessings I have---even the tough times, which turn out to be blessings in disguise.  I used to play this game when I was younger, called the "gratitude game," that my sister and I came up with to help us deal with all of the trials and tribulations that come in life---those days that really are not going your way.  So, we would play this game, and had to come up with at least 5 things for which we were grateful (or if we had more time, it was who could come up with the most things to be grateful for).  We would take turns and each identify something.    I didn't realize how important that game has become, as I get older.  When life is not going the way I imagine, this keeps me centered, and reminds me to change my perspective.  I hope by sharing I inspire others too.

I am challenging myself to identify at least one thing a day that I can be grateful for.

So, here's the start.


Day 1:
I am grateful for my family, who have always been there for me every day, and are my home, no matter how far I may travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment