Saturday, July 6, 2013

Arizona magnificence

Ok, so here I am, all graduated, and starting my new life "post graduation."  I just have to say, to live in Arizona, you have to love adventure, or at least some semblance of the risk that you might not survive living in a place like this.  I am not being dramatic, I am simply reflecting the drama that is apparent so vividly around me.  For example, today: instead of chipmunks frolicking in the grass, you have lizards darting furtively across the path and up a tree. 

(a lizard I spotted on my way to work)

And instead of quiet rainstorms that last the day (and perhaps the week) which may be present on the East Coast, instead you have a dramatic display of Nature's most powerful fireworks, which raise a real alarm here for residents who reside nearby forest fires started by such lightning. 

 (that's a pic of lightning right outside my house, by the way)

My thoughts and prayers to the 19 hotshots who bravely lost their lives protecting the residents of Prescott.


So in the meantime, I will quietly appreciate the exhibitions that Nature has provided, and be grateful for the desert, in its own beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment