Thursday, December 1, 2011

Don't stop believing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQIPVqLMUg&ob=av3n

I am grateful today for the chance to sit in the coffee shop, inspired by al the people around me working hard...envisioning a future where I can make a difference for small businesses, helping people getting ahead.  I believe I have found my strength...(being a little nerdy here by implementing what I have been learning in my classes of Organizational Theory).  I am what is called a "transformational leader."  My leadership style is to inspire others to believe in a common vision. I am a promoter, a fighter for a purpose, one who finds something beautiful and does everything in her power to make sure that it survives.  I already have seen so many influential and inspirational leaders during my three years in AmeriCorps, and so many organizations with beautiful purposes to aid those in need. I hope to find a job in the future that enables me to keep on pursuing what fuels my passion.

To quote a passage from a very good book on leadership:
"Leading Across Boundaries: Creating Collaborative Agencies in a Networked World" by Russell M. Linden

"Like chaos theory, which reveals the order beneath seemingly random events, there is an underlying structure to successful collaboration, a framework that helps people work across boundaries.  There is nothing mysterious about this framework; one doesn't need advanced training or magical leadership skills to learn it...the main requirement is a fierce desire to work in partnership with others on common concerns and common aspirations." (xix and xx of the Introduction)

To all of you who work hard in your everyday lives...remember the power you can have to influence those around you.  You may make more of a difference than you realize.

You inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment